Conference 2 «Teacher education for social justice, equality and culturally relevant pedagogy»
MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND HIGHER EDUCATION OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
KAZAN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY
INSTITUTE OF PSYCHOLOGY AND EDUCATION
on May 28, 2020 will hold
International scientific and practical conference
‘Teacher education for social justice, equality and culturally relevant pedagogy’
The conference will focus on:
- Teacher training in the context of equality and social justice.
- Advanced educational technologies, methods, innovations, and best practices in teacher education.
- Sources of inequality in education (gender, socio-economic, and cultural differences, special education needs).
- Training of future teachers for realising the principle of cultural congruence in modern schools.
- Inclusive education and its implementation: Russian and international practices.
- Personalized learning (including individualized education plans) in teacher education.
- Equal educational opportunities outside of school: the role of stakeholders in the context of social justice, equality, and cultural congruence.
- Multicultural teacher education for work with migrant childrenand their families.
- Integration and adaptation of migrant children to the school environment.
- Modern institutional and pedagogical mechanisms provoking and maintaining educational inequality.
- Effective models, approaches and methods in teacher education within the context of social justice, equality, and cultural congruence.
- The principle of justice in education