Guidelines for creating a virtual poster and audio presentation for the poster
A virtual poster is similar to a traditional paper poster. Virtual posters and accompanying audios will be uploaded to the virtualIFTE-2020 official website and the Forum repository and will be available for electronic viewing at all times for every participant. Please note that posters are submitted only in electronic form. A virtual poster should be presented in English. When creating a virtual poster, please do not change the title and the team of authors.
Guidelines for making an audio presentation for the virtual poster
An audio presentation for the virtual poster is a unique opportunity to voice and comment on your research results. When making a presentation, it is not recommended to read the information included in the poster. The aim of the audio file is to specify and clarify the methodology, analysis methods, research stages, as well as to elaborate on the obtained data. This approach aims to generate a lively academic discussion in the virtual mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sections should a virtual poster contain?
– A poster should contain the following sections: introduction, research objectives, research methodology, research results, conclusions. Also, have a look at the sample posters here.
Do I need to include the logo of my university and of the virtualIFTE-2020?
– Yes. You should include both logos. You can download the virtualIFTE-2020 logo in this archive.
A virtual poster is…
– … is a single page or slide in album orientation that summarizes your research.
What format should I choose?
– Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF file.
What font should I choose?
– You should use standard fonts (Arial or Times New Roman) and font size 16 or more.
The size of the file…
– …should not exceed 1MB.
What background should I choose?
– A plain background without drawings is preferred. You should not use dark colors.
– …should be readable and include correct headings.
What about drawings and graphs?
– All drawings and graphs should be clear. High-quality drawings and graphs are preferred.
What about virtual poster style?
– You should not overflow the virtual poster with information. It is better to focus on its quality. Please make your text understandable to every participant of virtualIFTE-2020.
What is the deadline for sending posters and audios to them?
– The deadline is 18th of May.
What programme can be used to make an audio file?
– An audio file can be recorded with the help of Voice Recorder. This is a standard programme included in Windows. Besides, smartphones can come to your rescue. A voice recording programme is usually installed in modern smartphones.
What audio formats are recommended?
– .mp3, .mp4, .mpg, .avi
The size of the file…
– … should not exceed 50 MB
How long should be the audio presentation?
– 5-10 minutes
What are file naming requirements?
– Please follow the example: Smith A. & Adams B. POSTER Title
The recording is done, what is next?
– The audio file should be uploaded to the cloud storage (Yandex Drive, Google Drive, Mail Cloud or any other similar service). Please make sure that the file can be accessed through a direct link without any restrictions and additional requests.
Virtual poster sample is here (LINK)
Virtual poster template is here (LINK)
You can download the virtualIFTE-2020 logo here (LINK)
What is a video presentation?
– A video presentation is a video clip created from a ready-made presentation (e.g. in PowerPoint). This is a unique opportunity to voice and comment on the results of your research. When preparing a presentation, it is not recommended to read the information included in the slides. The purpose of creating a video presentation is to clarify the methodology and methods of analysis, stages of the study, as well as the data. This approach aims to generate a lively scientific discussion in a virtual format.
Do I need to include my university logo and the logo of virtualIFTE-2020?
– Yes. You are to include both logos.
What quality should be a video presentation?
– The maximum option full HD 1920 x 1080 or medium HD 1280 x 720.
What size should the file be?
– 4 megabytes tops.
In which program can I create a video presentation?
– A video presentation can be created in different programs (Microsoft Teams, Keynote). We suggest using PowerPoint. You can find step-by-step instructions clicking this link for the guidelines (LINK).
In what format should I save the video?
– Recommended video formats: .mp4, .wmv, .avi, mpeg4
How long should the recording be?
– 15-20 minutes
How should I name the file?
– Please, name it as Ivanov I.I. et al. TITLE video.
Who should create a video presentation?
– Any co-author on your team can make a video presentation.
What language should the video presentation be in, Russian or English?
– In the same language you plan your participation.
Video recording is done, what are my next steps?
– The video file must be uploaded to the cloud storage (Yandex Disk, Google Drive, Mail Cloud or any similar service). Make sure that the file is accessible via a direct link without any restrictions and additional requests.
The deadline for sending a video presentation is May 17, inclusive.