Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation
Russian Academy of Education
Kazan (Volga Region) Federal University
VI INTERNATIONAL FORUM ON TEACHER EDUCATION
‘Perspectives and priorities of teacher education in times of change, choice and challenge’
- Presentation, discussion and promotion of relevant educational research on teacher education in the era of transformations, choices and challenges;
- Practical experience dissemination and discussion of the issues of promising forms of scientific and methodological support for innovative teacher education, new developments and achievements in the field of educational technologies;
- Building academic and pedagogical partnerships among Russian and overseas educators.
The forum includes the following academic activities:
- Digitalization of modern teacher education: strategies and risks
- Continuing professional development and additional training of teachers to bridge the digital divide
- Transformation of teachers’ professional competences in the digital age of education
- Digital technology in teacher education
- Gamification and virtual reality in the educational process
- Psychological and pedagogical support of students in the digital educational environment
- Psychology of digital education
- Teacher training in the context of equality and social justice
- Advanced educational technologies, methods, innovations, and best practices in teacher education
- Inclusive education and its implementation: Russian and international practices
- Equal educational opportunities outside of school: the role of stakeholders in the context of social justice, equality, and cultural congruence
- Multicultural teacher education for work with migrant childrenand their families
- Effective models, approaches and methods in teacher education within the context of social justice, equality, and cultural congruence
- Strategies, theory and practice of modern bilingual and language teacher education: Russian and international experience
- Models of bilingual education, didactic aspects, theoretical constructs and flexible bilingual practices
- Digital architectonics of bilingual and language teacher education
- Bilingual and language teacher education as a tool for professional development of teacher educators
- Cultural and professional identity of a teacher in the conditions of modern bilingual school
- Collaboration and need for a dialogue between bilingual families and teachers
- Professional formation and self-development of a teacher-linguist in the conditions of educational standards introduction
The forum includes the following academic activities
IFTE-2020 is to take place in virtual format from May 27, 2020 to June 9, 2020.
VirtualIFTE-2020 is an opportunity to present, discuss and promote research results of leading Russian and foreign scientists in the field of teacher education in a virtual format.
Languages at the Forum – Russian and English
IFTE-2019 attracted more than 600 leading scholars in the field of teacher education (132 Russian and 74 overseas universities and educational organizations were represented by the forum participants). IFTE-2019 gathered leading scholars in the field of teacher education from all over the world (the UK, the US, Germany, Ireland, Slovenia, Canada, China and many others).
Proceedings of the II, III and IV Forums were published as European Proceedings of Social and Behavioral Sciences and indexed in Web of Science. Proceedings of the V Forum (IFTE-2019) were published in the special issue of the journal Education and Self-Development (indexed in Scopus), ARPHA Proceedings and European Proceedings of Social and Behavioral Sciences ((in the process of verification in Scopus and Web of Science).
- video lectures of key speakers (available on the official IFTE website, the Forum’s official YouTube channel: International Forum on Teacher Education or by the following link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvd2s–ZorVeXD7Vl2aocrg/)
- synchronized virtual round tables, international online symposiums, meetings of the Forum research groups (access for participation will be provided in the format of links to webinar system Microsoft Teams; recording of webinars and other activities will be available on the Forum’s official YouTube channel: International Forum on Teacher Education or by the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvd2s–ZorVeXD7Vl2aocrg/)
- asynchronous scientific sections virtualIFTE-2020 (the reports material will be available on the ‘Lomonosov’ platform on the Forum page or at https://event.kpfu.ru/eng/event/5975/, the video material will be available on the official YouTube channel of the Forum: International Forum on Teacher Education or by the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvd2s–ZorVeXD7Vl2aocrg/)
- poster presentations (the reports material will be available on the ‘Lomonosov’ platform on the Forum page or via the link https://event.kpfu.ru/rus/event/5975/).
*changes in the Forum format are possible
Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage (including collaboration on files), and application integration. How to use Microsoft Teams: https://youtu.be/CH2seLS5Wb0
Ulanbek Mambetakunov, the Vice President of the Kyrgyz Academy of Education, took part in the VI international forum on teacher education. According to the press service of the Kyrgyz Academy of Education, U.E. Mambetakunov notes that the main goal of the forum is to present, discuss and promote relevant scientific and educational research in the field of teacher education in times of transformation, choice and challenge; exchange of experience and discussion of questions on promising forms of academic and methodological support for innovative teacher education, new developments and achievements in the field of educational technologies, as well as strengthening academic cooperation between Russian and foreign teachers.
According to the KAO press service, Professor Mambetakunov presented a report “On the current state of teacher training in Kyrgyzstan” as part of the research group session “Strategies for the transformation of teacher education” (the goal of the group is to study modern transformation processes in teacher education, their genesis and development prospects, evolution of curricula, Russian and foreign management strategies in the field of teacher training). The moderator of the group was Professor Kalimullin (director of the Institute of Psychology and Education).